T he M. John Scanlan Funeral Home is a 1902 Dutch Colonial home, situated on three acres of beautifully manicured grounds. Our funeral home was designed for spacious and commodious reposing rooms, superbly appointed and richly carpeted, together with adjoining rooms for the privacy and convenience of immediate relatives. We offer two viewing rooms: the small chapel occupies the home’s original dining room and features a fireplace and ornate molding. The large chapel seats approximately eighty persons and includes a large greeting area, which works very nicely for fraternal order honorary tributes, wake services or funeral services. Recent upgrades to this room, which was added to the original building in 1968, include molding and lighting that ties in to the decor of the original home.
The arrangements office is located near the front entrance. With its fireplace and comfortable chairs, this private suite creates a warm, home-like atmosphere for arrangement conferences. In addition, the funeral home has a children’s room with crayons, coloring books and reading material.
Lastly, our selection room features more than thirty caskets from four different manufactures, in addition to a large urn display, burial clothing, vaults and other memorial items.
In addition, it is important that we note that our spacious grounds provide an unusually generous amount of parking space.